|At CeBIT last week, Linpus showcased its MeeGo based tablet solution, Linpus Lite. Similarly to WeTab, it is based on the MeeGo OS, but with a custom user interface and preinstalled set of applications, including an ereader, browser, media player, photo viewer, virtual keyboard and webcam.|
There are two interfaces: an icon-based launcher and also a widget desktop; these desktops can be easily swapped between with up and down swipes. The included applications are also all customized for multi-touch and ease of use guaranteeing a full browsing, movie watching and music experience.
The solution is MeeGo 1.1 compliant; it has the user interface and applications all written in QT, and includes the full MeeGo Touch Framework (MTF) with gesture support. By being MeeGo compliant they will be able to include Intel AppUp center.
- Full multi-touch support: With the ability to simultaneously register three or more distinct positions of input touches.
- A extremely powerful and flexible operating system.
- Media Player: Browser your albums with our virtual jukebox.
- Webcam: Take photos and make videos.
- Media Sharing: Download, store and easily copy files to and from USB and SD cards.
- EReader: Swipe to move through the bookshelf and then to highlight text; skip quickly through the pages of a book, and zoom in.
- Photo Viewer: Flick through your photos; zoom in, and create picture frame shows.
- Browser: Full browsing experience with flash support.
- Personalization: Choose from a number of themes and wallpaper.
- Virtual Keyboard: Add keyboards for more than 17 languages.
Hardware requirements include:
- Processor: Intel Atom Pinetrial or Moorestown
- RAM: Min. 512MB required, supports DDR2 or DDR3
- Storage: Min. 3GB, supports SSD, HDD and SD card
- Webcam: Supports built-in webcam
- LCD display: 1024 x 600
- Built-in connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth and 3G.
Read more @ Linpus.com.